Posted to sci.electronics.repair
cjt cjt is offline

Default Simple Constant Current Device or Circuit

On 12/08/2012 08:56 AM, wrote:
Hi,

I searched the web for a simple constant current circuit so
I can charge a 19V rechargeable "power pack" that contains NMH cells
after they "run down" using a timer. My DC source will be 24V.

The simple circuits I found are for lighting LEDs, anything
requiring more current involves complex circuitry.

Does anyone know of a device like a simple 3 lead voltage
regulator, but for current, or a simple circuit?

Thank You in advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address if you have an image file.

Put it in the feedback loop of an op-amp that also has a constant
current input generated by a fixed voltage through a fixed resistance;
it'll waste some power, and you'll need a beefy op-amp, but it's simple.