Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default What smells like gas but probably isn't gas?

On 08/12/2012 15:58, george - dicegeorge wrote:
On 07/12/12 17:03, QuackDuck wrote:

Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind my first post being a request for
help, but I've been trawling the internet for days and read about every
website/forum post there is about gas smells in buildings.

some electrical things smell funny when they're getting a bit burnt/old?

Certainly can. In a former life I was usually first at work and switched
on various kit - including an old Laserjet 4. Some days, maybe one in
four but without any obvious pattern, it would stink for a while. A
strange "organic chemical" smell - towards petrol but not quite.

--
Rod