Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
jloomis[_2_] jloomis[_2_] is offline

Default Lessons learned installing a torsion spring in a typical residential garage

I have no problems with your troubles and exploration of your door.
Those darn things can be daunting.
I have had to install them, many of them, and differing kinds.
Also repair many too, that were unsprung, or busted....
Good Luck,
no worries here.
john

"Danny D." wrote in message ...

On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 17:10:37 -0800, DD_BobK wrote:

Just because you've done one garage door (or seen one done) & read a
number of website sites does not make you expert enough to be writing up
descriptions for other novices to follow.

I never said (nor implied) I was an expert so I'm sadly confused about
your response.

In fact, I clearly & overtly said in the very first line that I had never
done it before; and in the text I said these were lessons learned from
removing and reinstalling the torsion spring a half dozen times.

So, I'm sorry if you were confused (apparently) because I also said I
read every DIY and howto and watched every video that I could find on the
net.

I meant you no harm - and I sincerely hope nobody else (erroneously)
thought I was an expert as I never represented myself as such.

[I should note I confirmed all my work with Dan Musick whom I've spoken
with only a half dozen times, yet whom I 'would' consider an expert.]