Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] krw@at.biz is offline

Default Social Security Number

On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 12:18:06 -0500, George
wrote:

On 12/6/2012 10:12 PM, wrote:
On 6 Dec 2012 22:42:36 GMT,
wrote:

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 23:40:53 -0600, "NotMe" wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 22:25:49 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

wrote in :

BTW, you don't think a SSN is needed for tax reasons? boggle

Not at the time a person is *applying* for a job, no, it's not needed for
tax reasons.

Applicatoins also have the information needed to do any background
checks for employment. Why would you want to work for a company that
you can't trust with your SSN? Considering the number of people who
have your SSN, isn't this a little silly?

A lot of information is needed to complete the employment process including
personal and professional references. I don't and won't supply those unless
and until there is a determination of a skill set and other match for the
position.

Fair enough but note that you *will* be excluded from consideration by
many employers. I refused to supply this information, once, before
even a phone interview. That was the last I heard from the company.

It's unreasonable for an employer to expect that data at the get go.

It doesn't matter what *you* think is reasonable.

The name of the game is protecting your information. I have had experience
where someone else used my data obtained from a contract recruiter to pose
as me including signing my name and professional license number to federal
documents.

You've already lost. That horse is *long* gone. Do yourself a favor
and don't **** off prospective employers for no reason.

Rother **** them off and not have to work for idiots than to cave and
end up working for them - wishing you had not - be better off spending
your time looking for a job with a decent company - in MANY cases.

Exactly, if such a trivial thing is a stumbling block then you just
learned why you should decline any offer and move on.

Utter bull**** but it is to be expected from you.

In the case of "krw" there isn't much latitude for the sort of position
they would be filling out an employment application for.

You really are an idiot.