Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Reroofing in this weather?

Tony Hwang wrote:

My next door neighbor had reroofing job done in the snow with temp.
of 10 deg. or so below freezing. Wondering if that was a good idea?

Conventional theory says that putting up shingle (I assume we're talking
about asphalt shingles) in the cold is bad practice. Shingles are
brittle, prone to developing internal cracks while being handled /
walked on, and won't seal / flatten out properly (which is a problem
when its windy).

I noticed work crew was Mexican family including woman.

Home construction has ground to a halt in the US. Those people gota
work somewhere.

Or else they buy a few extra power tools and call themselves cabinet
makers.