Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default OT - "World’s Most Expensive Hard Drive Teardown"

On 07/12/2012 20:44, Andy Champ wrote:
On 07/12/2012 11:05, polygonum wrote:
When I started out the site was starting to convert from EDS60 to to
EDS200 - exchangeable 60MB to exchangeable 200MB. Packs as heavy as you
could manage with one arm - I'd guess something towards 18" across - and
the drives all too similar to some top loader washing machines. And yes,
in hot tango livery.

Wimp! They weren't that heavy. Nice carrying handles on top, so you
could do as one guy did - have the primary and backup packs one in each
hand, then trip and fall flat on your face.

Andy

Truth to tell, I was always watching others carry them - and we had
several slight women ops who did look to struggle. :-)

--
Rod