Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] krw@at.biz is offline

Default Social Security Number

On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 04:35:11 +0000 (UTC), gregz

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 22:28:31 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 12:56:42 -0500, wrote:

Most employers would just think this guy is hiding something or he is
going to be a pain in the ass employee and just throw the application
in the trash.

Responsible employers don't ask for personal information they do not
need. They don't take on the risk of keeping it on file. Some states
have privacy laws that require such information to be kept double
locked for security.

Wrong. They invariably ask for this information on the application
for employment.

Applications for employment sounds like something mcdonalds would do.

I'm sure they do. At least most employers large enough to have an HR
department use employment applications. A lot of information is
needed during the hiring process and the application is the way to
collect it all at once. Asking for it piece at a time is nuts.

I don't think I ever filled out a job application, unless it was something
the post office related to taking vigorous testing. Also never had the
opportunity to negotiate terms, but I have turned down jobs. I liked it
when all job adds included pay scale, back in the day ! My resume does
include my social security number, of course I don't need it anymore, I
hope !!

Assuming you've worked, it's hard to believe that you've never filled
out a job application. How did they collect all of your personal
information needed during the hiring process?

The salary has always been part of the employment negotiations, often
way ahead of any offer. It's usually discussed in broad terms
(minimums, expected ranges, etc.) at the first contact. As far as
posted pay scales, I've never had a job where this information was
public knowledge. I've never had any idea what my cow-orkers made,
nor they, mine.

I certainly wouldn't post my SSN on a resume. I don't even include my
address or any identifying information more than my name and an email
address. I guess my cell phone number is on there too.