Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Dehumidifier - compressor stall?

That 1.6 amp fuse is just for the fan and electronics .
I tried heating the QP thing with hot air but did not see any hint of
resistance change.
Put a .6R 20W in line to the motor and monitored the voltage over. In stall,
6amps initially and then dropping under the action of the QP and then a
click as the cutout triggers. Then a matter of waiting until it clicks back.
1.1amp in normal running.

The other lump under the cowling , I can just make out some markings on the
other side, Klixon on some metal and 4TM on the "kettle" white plastic so a
thermal cutout
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/klix...datasheet.html