Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_4_] Broadback[_4_] is offline

Default OT - "World’s Most Expensive Hard Drive Teardown"

On 07/12/2012 11:22, Nightjar wrote:
On 06/12/2012 11:59, The Other Mike wrote:
http://www.eevblog.com/2012/12/05/ee...rive-teardown/

I think that should be entitled the world's most annoying presenter.

I learnt COBOL on an ICL computer in the early 1970s that had each
individual programme (it was an English machine) on a stack of
interchangeable hard disks. Each stack was about 2 feet across,
contained several disks and had its own clear plastic cover, open at the
bottom. The stacks not in use were stored off the machine and only put
onto the hard drive mechanism when required. The whole machine was
enclosed in its own clean room and only a few people were authorised to
enter it.

Colin Bignell

I thought your name was familiar, now I know. I remember ICL was dubbed
"It Can't Last" how right they were.

--
Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.