Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Social Security Number

On Dec 6, 11:35*pm, gregz wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 22:28:31 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 12:56:42 -0500, wrote:

Most employers would just think this guy is hiding something or he is
going to be a pain in the ass employee and just throw the application
in the trash.

Responsible employers don't ask for personal information they do not
need. *They don't take on the risk of keeping it on file. Some states
have privacy laws that require such information to be kept double
locked for security.

Wrong. *They invariably ask for this information on the application
for employment.

Applications for employment sounds like something mcdonalds would do. I
don't think I ever filled out a job application, unless it was something
the post office related to taking vigorous testing. Also never had the
opportunity to negotiate terms, but I have turned down jobs. I liked it
when all job adds included pay scale, back in the day ! My resume does
include my social security number, of course I don't need it anymore, I
hope !!

Greg- Hide quoted text -

An there you have another data point. A guy who not only
doesn't object to putting his SS# on an employment application,
he actually has it on his resume. I'm not sure that's such
a good idea, because presumably it results in wider
circulation of the #.