Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
ChairMan[_6_] ChairMan[_6_] is offline

Default What do you put on a brown wood door facing the sun & rain?

Tony Palermo wrote:
gregz wrote:

What size is that door ?? I had similar setup with single
pane, and
36 inch solid wood door. I installed insulated window
pane, because
it was too cold. Wood was just painted, not stained,
except I redid
the rear of the door back to stain.

The opening is about 7 feet by 7 feet. The glass is two
pane thick.
The door itself is only 3 and one half feet wide and feels
like solid.
I do not think I want to paint.
I want to stain to same color and then protect best.

In this picture taken right now you can see the two
different stain
color at the bottom of the door at the "sill" on bottom.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/aekp4

I'd look here
http://www.sikkens.us/en/Products/Av...s/default.aspx

Sikkens make some very good products, but being all wood,
there is nothing that will last forever.
Prepping it properly then using Sikkens and doing regular
touch up and maintenance, it would hold up a long time