Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila Iskander Attila Iskander is offline

Default Social Security Number

wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 14:15:10 -0500, George
wrote:

On 12/6/2012 9:02 AM, Attila Iskander wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 22:15:11 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 22:26:18 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 11:08:22 -0800, Oren wrote:

Would you work for a company that you could not trust with your
SSN?

Would yo work for a company that wants your personal information for
no good reason?

They have good reason, so they ask.

The Stasi had "good reason" for going "Papieren" whenever they felt
like it
too.

Silly moral relativity answer, not to mention a Godwin call.

So what is the sound of an argument entering in one ear, exiting out the
other, and never slowing down in between..
As to your "Godwin call", where did I make any mention of nazis ??
Apparently you're not even up to speed on Godwin..

That they have good reason (in their minds) does not necessarily make
it
good reason for you or justify their asking

Bull****. Their job. You want it, or not? Your call.

My experience and expertise,
You want it or not ?
Your call

Unlike you, I was and still am in high enough demand, that It's a
sellers' market for me.
Hell, I don't even discuss $$$ and benies unless they have clearly
stated that here is a job on the table.

But then, unlike you, I'm not an easily replaceable drone..
'

Seems like an "expert" may not know how hiring for responsible job
positions work. The "want it or not" thing is what someone might expect
from the big box mart but responsible jobs involve negotiations.

You obviously don't know how hiring is done in large organizations.
The word is "clueless".

You're really not paying attention are you ?
We have all admitted that what you describe is quite true for a large
organization hiring LOW-skill employees.
But that is NOT true for either small or large corporations hiring
higher-skill employees who can just as easily sell their expertise down the
street at the company next door.