Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila Iskander Attila Iskander is offline

Default Social Security Number

wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 05:55:01 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6 Dec 2012 03:49:46 GMT, wrote:

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 22:28:31 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 12:56:42 -0500,
wrote:

Most employers would just think this guy is hiding something or he is
going to be a pain in the ass employee and just throw the application
in the trash.

Responsible employers don't ask for personal information they do not
need. They don't take on the risk of keeping it on file. Some states
have privacy laws that require such information to be kept double
locked for security.

Wrong. They invariably ask for this information on the application
for employment.

Wrong, many applications do not even has a space for it these days.

*EVERY* one I filled out last year required my SSN, including ones
online before the interview.

LOL
Are we surprised that you had to fill out a whole slew of job applications ?
NOT !

But good luck finding something
Even you should be able to find some kind of work

http://www.bbb.org/blog/2011/09/shou...b-application/
Remember: Until someone is about to hire you, they have no need for
your social security number. If they say they need it for a background
check, the job offer can be made contingent on a clean report.

Perhaps you don't think they have a need but they do. You're looking,
they're hiring. Ask yourself, "do I want to **** of the HR droid?".

If that's what it takes to **** off a HR droid
It's a pretty low-level droid..

The BBB suggests that the safest option for job-seeking consumers is
this: Never provide your SSN on a job application until you have a
verifiable job offer from a company you trust.

Good luck with that anymore.

Well not everyone is busy filling fields on the terminals at Walmart like
you.