Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Han Han is offline

Default An idiot and his table saw... The truth

" wrote in news:e835a6b3-
:

I'm not in favor of police doing stops to check if people are
wearing their seatbelts. But the proponents of such measure
argue that it's been proven to increase compliance. And I'll
bet they have the statistics to prove it. Increased compliance
means more lives saved, less injuries, less lost productivity,
less healthcare costs that are paid by ALL of us. That sure
sounds like public good to me.

Sometimes people get a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt, even if they
always have been. It's a warning not to ever again exceed the local speed
limit. Like the cop said: "Oh my, we got us a local".

--
Best regards
Han