Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Russell Richard Russell is offline

Default OT - fulfilled by Amazon

On Dec 5, 6:00*pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:
Not had any problems so far with eBay

A cautionary tale from my own experience. Bought a second-hand laptop
from eBay (claimed to be in working order) only to find its hard drive
was dead. As the drive was a 'user replaceable' item I took it out
for a visual inspection before reporting the problem to the seller.
Stupidly (as it turns out) I admitted that I'd eyeballed the drive:
eBay judged that I had thereby 'dismantled' the laptop and therefore
voided my rights. So no refund was forthcoming, just 'case closed'.

Richard.
http://www.rtrussell.co.uk/