Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia[_5_] jeff_wisnia[_5_] is offline

Default Durable paint for the inside of a microwave oven

We have a well functioning microwave oven with a rusty circular track on
the bottom of the oven where the plastic wheels supporting the rotating
glass dish have rolled for several years.

The track looks awful and it's spread to about 3/4" in width now, much
wider than the wheel treads and I'm thinking it may soon rust right
through the oven floor.

I tried painting it with white automotive touchup paint a while back,
but that only lasted about a week before flaking off.

Can someone name a really tough white paint, maybe an epoxy based one,
that I can use to put a heavy durable coating over that rusty "track"?

Failing that, I guess I can take the time to cut a circular band out of
aluminum or stainless sheet metal and epoxy it over the rusted area with
conductive epoxy to avoid the possibility of it arcing to the oven
floor. But that's a bit of work and prolly guarantees that the microwave
will decide to die soon. G

Thanks guys,

Jeff

--