Posted to rec.woodworking
willshak willshak is offline

Default Dave Brubeck - He changed many of us.

RonB wrote the following on 12/5/2012 7:15 PM (ET):
In June of 1967 I graduated from the Pittsburg State (KS) technical program and went to work for Beech Aircraft Corporation in Wichita. I was a country boy. It would be four months before I would wed the love of my life, Rosie. Evenings were sometimes a little lonely and I ended up in a small bar on south Washington street one evening to have a beer. On one of my first visits the bartender, attractive but more of a mother-figure, poked a jukebox button and played one of her favorites.

Up until then I was a rock and roll guy - there was really not much more to keep the attention of a guy like me. But when she made that jukebox selection I heard "Take Five" for the first time and it changed my outlook on music forever. Now I listen to most anything - but rap. Even some rap will catch my attention if it is not the vulgar, violent stuff. Dave Brubeck started a music revolution that converted a lot of us into listeners.

God Bless Dave and may he rest in peace.

Ron

'Time Out' was the only jazz LP I ever bought.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY