Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Dave Brubeck - He changed many of us.

RonB writes:
Up until then I was a rock and roll guy - there was really not much more to=
keep the attention of a guy like me. But when she made that jukebox selec=
tion I heard "Take Five" for the first time and it changed my outlook on mu=
sic forever. Now I listen to most anything - but rap. Even some rap will =
catch my attention if it is not the vulgar, violent stuff. Dave Brubeck st=
arted a music revolution that converted a lot of us into listeners.

Still a rock-n-roll guy, but I've seen Dave Brubeck perform more often
than anyone else, by a bunch. Up through 2009, I saw him almost once
a year from 1983 on. Spyro Gyra is probably second on that list, and
Pink Floyd third (Animals (Soldier Field), The Wall (LA), MLOR (LA Sports Arena),
MLOR (LA Colliseum), Division Bell (Oakland Colliseum), Pulse (Oakland) and
Roger Waters 2012 Wall tour (AT&T Park)).

Brubeck was awesome, even in his late 80's; could barely walk to the piano,
but once he sat down, he played like a 20-year-old. And most of those concerts
he had Bill Smith with him on clarinet (who is still with us).

scott