Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default An idiot and his table saw... The truth

On Dec 5, 3:21*pm, "Existential Angst" wrote:
"dpb" wrote in ....
*wrote in message

There's a very big societal cost in the higher injury/death rates owing
folks not being individually responsible-enough to use them.

Well, then, technically, I remain correck:
* * *Gummint don't give a **** about an indivdual's safety, they're
concerned
about their own bottom line. *

Well, fundamentally they're the same...and should be concerned about
"their" bottom line since again, fundamentally, that's us.

Mebbe, but I would still maintain coincidentally so..... * *

And I do believe in "the Pubic good".... *just that, when Conmen (read:
CONgress; *and re-read: *Lobbyists) *are in charge of that Pubic Good, ****
never quite turns out right. * 'tis what 'tis.... *I guess this is what
happens when you (we) ****ed away our right to referendum....
--
EA

Simple question. You claim you believe in the public good.
Yet you're dismissive of seat belts? Hasn't adding seatbelts
to all vehicles benefitted the public in a significant way by reducing
serious injuries and deaths? Lives saved, disabling injuries
avoided, less productivity lost, hospital $$$ and lifetime care
costs saved? Same question for air bags?