Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Dave Brubeck - He changed many of us.

RonB wrote:
In June of 1967 I graduated from the Pittsburg State (KS) technical
program and went to work for Beech Aircraft Corporation in Wichita.
I was a country boy. It would be four months before I would wed the
love of my life, Rosie. Evenings were sometimes a little lonely and
I ended up in a small bar on south Washington street one evening to
have a beer. On one of my first visits the bartender, attractive but
more of a mother-figure, poked a jukebox button and played one of her
favorites.

Up until then I was a rock and roll guy - there was really not much
more to keep the attention of a guy like me. But when she made that
jukebox selection I heard "Take Five" for the first time and it
changed my outlook on music forever. Now I listen to most anything -
but rap. Even some rap will catch my attention if it is not the
vulgar, violent stuff. Dave Brubeck started a music revolution that
converted a lot of us into listeners.

God Bless Dave and may he rest in peace.

Ron

Brubeck is a favorite of mine too. First heard him in 1952 at the Zebra
lounge in Honolulu, solo piano, not yet known.

Much as I like Brubeck though, I gotta give credit where credit is
due...thank Paul Desmond for "Take Five", he wrote it.
http://www.allmusic.com/composition/...e-mc0002452064

--

dadiOH

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net