Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default An idiot and his table saw...

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 22:09:28 -0800, "CW" wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 12:50:01 -0600, dpb wrote:

On 12/5/2012 12:24 PM, Leon wrote:

A simple $5 multi thousand volt capacitor would hold the charge and melt
the fuse wire.

Perhaps but I doubt it's there...

if the motor was changed to 3ph and a VFD used to control it..stopping
time can be in fractions of a second.

When I can stop a Hardinge HC motor. spindle and a heavy 6" chuck in
1 second or less..Id think that a small blade and smaller motor could
be stopped very quickly. Then one only needs to add some sort of meat
sensor.
Please post pictures of the Hardinge. I'm a big Hardinge fan. Great
machines.

http://www.omniturn.com/bin/16C_Retrofit.htm

http://www.omniturn.com/bin/Attachments.htm

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602