Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default lighting update and a question about fluorescent starters

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 18:59:08 +0000, alan
wrote:

The fitting comes on with a with a slight womfff noise from the fitting.
http://users.tpg.com.au/pschamb/light.html

Hi,

Thanks, that's a very interesting page.

The starter supplied with my Wickes fitting is the fifth one on that
page: the osram with the reset button. The web site had the same
experience that I and the reviewer at Wickes did: that it is not
electronic and it does blink the lamp to start it.

My electronic starter is the one immediately below it, or something
very similar.

It's interesting that the author says at the bottom of the page, as
did you in your post, that they make a noise before the light switches
on, so it must be normal.

Thanks again.