Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Engine Stops Dead: More Fun With the Briggs

Typically fades and dies, in about a second. When the valve clearance is
inadequate, the valve heat up and get longer. Eventually, the valve doesn't
close completely, and you lose compression. Typically takes 15 minutes,
though.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Steve Kraus" wrote in message

One other option, is valve clearance. It's tough to explain in text.
I'll try and find a web page that can explain better than I.

Hmm...that's interesting. That could cause it to just suddenly stop as
though I'd turned off the fuel flow?

A can tell you that when it runs, it sounds okay other than the hunting and
if I hold the throttle valve steady to prevent the hunting then it sounds
very good. I could be wrong but I still believe fuel starvation.