Posted to alt.home.repair

Default candle wax in Ipod connector (on the charger cord)

On Dec 5, 8:34*pm, oldyork90 wrote:
Wife dropped (dipped) the Ipod connector end of the Ipod battery
charger cord in hot candle wax (she dicks with mood candles ALL the
time). *I don't dare "scrub" it out (many little contacts - doesn't
look too rugged). *I'd like to wash out the wax with a thinner of some
kind by soaking it. *Any suggestions on what to use?

I don't know what kind of plastic the connector body is made of. *It
is an Apple product - not a knock off.

Yes yes.. I know. *It's iPod... I simply refuse! *:-)

Thank you

Naptha will dissolve candle wax without harming much else, I would put/
submerge the connector in a little bowl of Naptha, and then swish it
around fairly vigorously for 30 seconds or so, take out, blow dry and
then let dry for 5 minutes, and then try it.