Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Engine Stops Dead: More Fun With the Briggs

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 17:52:30 -0600, Steve Kraus
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

One other option, is valve clearance. It's tough to explain in text.
I'll try and find a web page that can explain better than I.

Hmm...that's interesting. That could cause it to just suddenly stop as
though I'd turned off the fuel flow?

A can tell you that when it runs, it sounds okay other than the hunting and
if I hold the throttle valve steady to prevent the hunting then it sounds
very good. I could be wrong but I still believe fuel starvation.

It'll hunt if it's lean.