Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] krw@at.biz is offline

Default An idiot and his table saw... The truth

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 12:44:47 -0600, dpb wrote:

On 12/5/2012 11:59 AM, Existential Angst wrote:

Ditto seatbelts, helmet laws. There's no fukn safety safety concern for the
public in seatbelt laws....

Well, that isn't so, in reality, no.

There's a very big societal cost in the higher injury/death rates owing
to folks not being individually responsible-enough to use them. It's
kinda' like the class staying after school because of one somebody threw
a spitball...we all pay for the sins of the few.

That "logic" can be applied to any/all of our freedoms. You really do
want government to own you rather than the other way 'round.