Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default An idiot and his table saw... The truth

In article , says...

On 12/5/2012 11:59 AM, Existential Angst wrote:

Ditto seatbelts, helmet laws. There's no fukn safety safety concern for the
public in seatbelt laws....

Well, that isn't so, in reality, no.

There's a very big societal cost in the higher injury/death rates owing
to folks not being individually responsible-enough to use them. It's
kinda' like the class staying after school because of one somebody threw
a spitball...we all pay for the sins of the few.

The thing is we're all paying through the nose for airbags all over the
place that were originally sold to Congress on the basis that they made
seat belts unnecessary, and now the reason we have to wear seat belts is
to protect us from the damned airbags.