Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] Searcher7@mail.con2.com is offline

Default Sealing Plywood

On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 3:52:42 PM UTC-5, Mike Marlow wrote:
wrote:

On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 3:36:58 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:

""Searcher7" wrote:

I just finished making a plywood door for a game cabinet The

original

door had been made of particle board, but the 3/8" lip on both ends

had begun to disintegrat over the years.

Since the disadvantage in using plywood is that it tends to warp, is

there a good way to seal it to prevent this before I prime and

paint?

Swing already put this to bed.

Dewaxed shellac.

I'm not going for a clear finish. The door has to be primed and

painted black after I seal it.

Your primer and paint will seal it Darren.

Thanks a lot.

So I'm assuming using the Thompson's WaterSeal beforehand wouldn't be needed.

Now my biggest issue is how to get the barcode sticker off it so I can get started.

Thanks again.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.