Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sealing Plywood

wrote:
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 3:36:58 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:
""Searcher7" wrote:

I just finished making a plywood door for a game cabinet The
original

door had been made of particle board, but the 3/8" lip on both ends

had begun to disintegrat over the years.

Since the disadvantage in using plywood is that it tends to warp, is

there a good way to seal it to prevent this before I prime and

paint?

Swing already put this to bed.

Dewaxed shellac.

I'm not going for a clear finish. The door has to be primed and
painted black after I seal it.

Your primer and paint will seal it Darren.

--

-Mike-