Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Home Made Li LED Flashlight?

On Dec 5, 4:16*am, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:
"mike" wrote in message

On 12/4/2012 1:29 PM, Gareth Magennis wrote:

Mike, do this thought experiment.

No need to get snippy with me.
He asked for advice, I gave him some very good advice.
And I told him exactly why it was a bad idea.
And gave some suggestions on where to find a flashlight.

I'd have given him the same advice if he'd wanted to power
his car from a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen in the exact
ratio to produce the most violent explosion.
Just 'cause there are thousands of websites hawking the idea
doesn't make it a rational endeavor for a newbie.

Funny story. *I've actually met only one HHO car guy in person.
He blew the valve covers off his engine and destroyed
the whole intake system when it exploded. *But I digress...

If YOU have some advice for the OP, this would be the thread
to present it. *Addressing me won't help him at all.

The OP wants to make a flashlite for a reason you do not understand.

Well, you can learn a lot from the wording of a question...if you bother
to think about it.
I expect that you're yanking on the wrong end
of the chain. *Sounds like the problem is that he has some phones he'd
like to turn into something useful. *Flashlight just might be
the first thing he thought of.

I don't question his reason. *His hobbies are his choice.
I question the sensibility of the proposed project and answered
his question in a way that seeks to insure that he keeps ten fingers
and two eyes and a house that's not made of charcoal.

Your risk tolerance may vary. *Advising a newbie based on YOUR risk
tolerance is irresponsible.

Gareth.

Mike, you could have just answered "make sure you build it into a fireproof
case", instead of the condescending presumtious posturing you chose to write
instead.

Answering the question "I would like to make a flashlight" with "go and buy
one instead" is not particularly useful.

Gareth.- Hide quoted text -

100% agreed