Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] nobody@nowhere.net is offline

Default Lowes vs. HD....

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 11:43:47 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 20:40:54 -0500, Bob Engelhardt

I've had them tell me stuff was NOT in stock, and it turns out it was in
stock. Of course, much more the opposite case. Never fails at HD.

Recently I needed something and found it on the HD web site. Checked
the inventory for the closest sto 8 on hand. Went there & there was
none - very annoying. I emailed HD support with my story & they wrote
back: "You should call - the online system can get behind" (8 vs. 0 is
"behind", I'd say)*. To which I replied that what's the point of an
inventory check option if it's not accurate & I have to call anyhow.
She didn't get it. Actually, an online inventory check that makes the
some-none error is worse than no check at all, but I didn't try to
explain that to her.

Bob

* - she offered me 10% off my $10 item if I wanted to order it online (&
pay shipping & wait).

When I had a complaint at Lowes they gave me a $25 gift card.

I had the same problem last weekend. Looking for Roebek Septic Tank
Soap and Grease Cleaner #87 as I recall.

HD said it was in stock in all their Bakersfield stores. No store
carried it. ****ed me off a bit, it did.

Yup. Get used to it.

Roebic K-37-H Septic Tank Treatment, 64-Ounce by Roebic Laboratories
Price: $18.92 Eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime.