Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.woodworking
isw isw is offline

Default Hygience glueing a chopping board

In article ,
Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 20:29:33 -0800, isw wrote:

In article ,
Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

isw wrote:

If you have some way to make a lot of sawdust (power sander) then do
that, using the cutting board as a source -- it probably could use a
resurfacing anyhow. Mix the dust with epoxy to make a thick paste, and
work that into the cracks.

Why micky mouse around when for a couple three dollars you can buy
wood filler:

Because I've used both, and I know which one is both easier and more
durable.

Yeah, all those huge corporations make wood filler by the freight
train car loads as a joke... and all you can do is flap your lying
gums... next you're at the big box hardware stores check out the wood
filler, from two ounce tubes to five gallon buckets... professional
cabinet making shops buy those buckets by the pallet, and naturally
they have money and labor to waste, according you idiots like you.
Plastic Wood and other commercial wood fillers IS sawdust with epoxy,
dummy!

A few of them use a polyester material (very characteristic smell -- not
like epoxy), and you can recognize them because they come with a
catalyst you have to mix in. Most wood fillers just use a solvent-based
glue (another very characteristic odor), and don't adhere as well to
wood as epoxies do, plus, they shrink as the solvent evaporates.

Isaac