Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default OT? Why do dogs scrach their side with their hind leg?

"EXT" wrote in news:50bc048b$0$47968$c3e8da3$dd9697d2
@news.astraweb.com:

I have seen dogs, cats and even horses scratch the areas they can reach with
their rear paw or hoof. The mouth works for other areas that they can reach
with their teeth. They do whatever they have to do to get rid of the itch.

Yep. I grew up with dogs, I've been around them all my life, but I had little to no contact with
horses until my late twenties. I laughed so hard it hurt, the first time I saw a horse sit down on its
butt and scratch its ear with a rear hoof -- *exactly* like a dog does.