Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default Viewsonic VG800 LCD monitor power problem

wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:18:02 +0000, SolarAngel
m wrote:

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...lem-44095-.htm
, SolarAngel wrote:
icesoft wrote:

Hi,

Working without a service manual on this one and have 2 more just like
it.
Plug power in and it sorta flickers on and off, power/status LED
flickers
different colors several times and finally stabilizes at a stedy
flashing
green about once per second and the backlight pulses about the same
frequency. I noticed a myriad of SMD caps and checked most of them
for
high ESR, most are pretty decent, a couple are marginal but seem to be
alright. uPC supply voltages seem pretty solid so I'm kinda stumped.

Anybody seen this problem before, being as I have 3 of these all failed
near
the same time I'd suspect it's a common problem or soon will be.

Thanks,
Benjamin Jennings, MCP

I have similar behavior but monitor shows screen after several minutes.
Do you by any chance remember what was the problem with this monitors ???

Check with the folks at www.badcaps.net/forum

PlainBill

Replacing caps fixed my Viewsonic - watching it right now.

Mark Z.