Posted to uk.d-i-y
Java Jive[_2_] Java Jive[_2_] is offline

Default XP networked printing

I've has this working happily on W2k in the past. The print share is
very similar to a network share, with similar permissions. I can't
tell you the XP equivalent ATM, but it should be similar to W2k:

Rt-Click My Computer
Manage
Shared Folders
Shares
Double-Click Print$ (possibly, or, AISTR that is an admin default like
C$ on the system drive, whatever share name you actually gave to the
printer. If you didn't specify a non-admin-default share, you
probably need to add one)
Check the permissions

On Mon, 3 Dec 2012 23:45:45 -0000, "Nick"
wrote:

"Jules Richardson" wrote in message

Note that I can happily read/write files on the print-host PC from the
client PC, no matter what the user, so the problem seems to be
specifically with the printing, rather than some "nobody but admin can
access this box" security setting.