Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default AAA: E15 could really fark up your car, void warranties

In article ,
Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:

In article ,
Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:

Okay, but I was also talking about plants that could produce ethanol
energy positive, so while I wouldn't mind seeing most of florida and
louisiana and whoever else grows it turned into a big sugar cane
plantation, we'll just have to use sugar beets, sunchokes, hemp and
whatever else works until we can grow algae that feeds on oil spills
and can then be converted to ethanol

Of course the main reason we don't use cane or beets is price supports
from the Government (which were continued by the farm bill). Sugar sells
for about 18 cents a pound while ethanol is at around 10 cents per pound
(of feedstock).

but don't price supports amount to "entitlements"

Yep, actually even more so than SS. I find it interesting that they fully
fund things like this while not even close to funding SS. And that is a
product of both parties over generations of politicians

maybe they'll just fund SS with beets