Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default A real craftsman makes his own tools!

Time again to reverse the direction of the ceiling fan in the bedroom.
Twice a year, just like Daylight Savings Time.

Problem is, I can't reach the switch without fetching a ladder or
step-stool. There's got to be a better way!

Searching through the bin of things longer than they are wide, I found a 1/8
x 1/2" stick of aluminum, about 4 feet long. Heating up the end with a
propane torch, I was able to bend one inch over to 90° to the main part.

Now I can just hook, or push, the switch! No more hauling in a hazardous
ladder and so forth. I store the tool in the bedroom closet; it doesn't take
up much room.