Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Twisted extension cord

On Dec 3, 2:30*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 11:15:57 -0600, Vic Smith

wrote:
On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 11:36:47 -0500, wrote:

I am careful to wrap and unwrap mine the same way every time and it
looks new.

I can't recall seeing a badly twisted up electrical cord, and I've
seen plenty of cords. *Probably forgot. *You can see the hand to elbow
technique doesn't work first time you try it. *It's fast, that's all.
You almost have to purposely reject common sense to get a cord all
twisted up.

Here they are

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/cords.jpg

That one on the right is more or less like the one I described in my
the left, but you can see how the outer jacket of the one on the right
is twisted, causing permanent ripples in the cord.

It's just plain ugly!

P.S. Thanks for saving me the trouble of taking a picture of mine. ;-)