Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Hygience glueing a chopping board

On 12/3/2012 5:44 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 12/3/2012 5:04 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
On 12/3/2012 4:43 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
isw wrote:

If you have some way to make a lot of sawdust (power sander) then do
that, using the cutting board as a source -- it probably could use a
resurfacing anyhow. Mix the dust with epoxy to make a thick paste, and
work that into the cracks.

Why micky mouse around when for a couple three dollars you can buy
wood filler:
http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?product_id=69
http://www.minwax.com/wood-products/...FedxOgod1w4AIg

As far as rejointing it, we don't know if this person even has the
equipment to do that. I think this was someone outside the group asking
for advice.

Why not just buy a new cutting board? I don't see any reason or
sentimentality to become overly attached to one.

Jill

Why not repair it. I repaired my wifes, just like Doug said, I ripped it
down the joint, then jointed.

But if this guy has no equipment then re-gluing then filling is an option.
But if he has equipment, then the best fix is ripping , jointing and gluing.