Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Hygience glueing a chopping board

On 12/3/2012 4:43 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
isw wrote:

If you have some way to make a lot of sawdust (power sander) then do
that, using the cutting board as a source -- it probably could use a
resurfacing anyhow. Mix the dust with epoxy to make a thick paste, and
work that into the cracks.

Why micky mouse around when for a couple three dollars you can buy
wood filler:
http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?product_id=69
http://www.minwax.com/wood-products/...FedxOgod1w4AIg

because wood filler will not work.

it shrinks, does not stick as well as epoxy...
and has other downsides.

As far as rejointing it, we don't know if this person even has the
equipment to do that. I think this was someone outside the group asking
for advice.