Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] js.b1@ntlworld.com is offline

Default U values... I thought brick/cavity/brick wall was 1.73...

On Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:25:02 PM UTC, Hugo Nebula wrote:
You haven't included internal and external surface resistances, which
IIRC add 0.13 & 0.04 m^2K/W respectively to the resistance. There's
also different R-values for the brick on the inner & outer leaves (the
outer is lower due to moisture).

Thanks, and got some better figures.

Got BuildDesk and will try (!) to calculate a U value for leaded porch entry, as well as the pebbledash over 2.5" or whatever timber & cinder infil upstairs bay. I bet both of those will be quite interesting - apart from "a LOT of heat loss".

Bought a few hundred pounds worth of 40-60mm Varme & 50-80mm Celotex insulation for an amputee relative and just updating areas, some previously done. Usually it is the stump that is more sensitive to cold re phantom pain, but it is her other (longer!) leg. Plus some 30mm Varme for on the raft where the damp quarry tiles on rubble grade mortar are to be replaced, 3 outside walls on that room so the usual circa 0.5 U value for a concrete raft is noticeably less.