Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie Meanie is offline

Default OT? Why do dogs scrach their side with their hind leg?

"micky" wrote in message
Maybe this isn't OT, since dogs live in homes? Why do dogs scrach
their side with their hind leg?

Is it only because of fleas or do they itch like people? Either
way, what do they do about scratching their back and belly etc?

I ask because there is a puppy on Friday's rerun of Monk who is
scratching his side with his hind leg and I wonder if they trained him
to do that or if they put some fleas on his side to get him too. And
how could they train him unless he had some reason to do it in the
first place? He looks too small and young to know English already.

Me guess you aint a dog person. Best if ye don't ever own one.