Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah[_3_] gonjah[_3_] is offline

Default DR TreeChopper

On 11/29/2012 6:51 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 03:31:34 -0800 (PST), Frank Thompson
wrote:

Are there any other brands of tree choppers on the market? If so,
anyone with any experiences with them?

holy crap! I was going to say something smart-assed like 'a hatchet
works for me' -- but I thought I'd Google it first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF9uxexunYo

Now that might be the coolest real tool since the twitcher went
mainstream.

The still pictures made me think it was a hydraulic-- then they
showed it in action. My first thought was a little army of them
mowing down rioting terrorists.

Why don't you want the DR? I'm guessing they are a little
expensive- just to cover insurance costs.

OTOH- They look like a good little welding project for a creative guy.

Jim

Looks like it would be rough on the ATV and the rider but it does look
like it's effective. I wonder often the blades need changing/sharpening?