Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default AAA: E15 could really fark up your car, void warranties

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:

"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote in
:

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:

Won't work in the U.S., though, because the climate here won't support
production of sugar
cane on the scale required.

that would probably be news to florida

So you think that Florida is capable of producing sugar cane on the scale
required to
supply the motor vehicle fuel needs of the U.S., or even a significant
fraction thereof?

Dream on.

I'll let the post from CRNG address that issue, but there's no reason sugar cane
couldn't be expanded to other areas and I'll bet it would grow nicely in parts
of Mexico...and we do have the ability to use Mexican ethanol

Then again, there is the sugar beet, sunchoke and hemp for ethanol, all of which
I believe are also energy positive