Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Building a Bartley kit

"Swingman" wrote:

Just so you are aware, The results of Google searches are no longer
generic and are "personalized" based on your browsing history,
location, social media participation, clicks, and any other data
that can be gleaned from your ip address, and GPS/ cell tower
triangulation if you're using a voice/data device.

If you're using Google's Chrome browser you supposedly can turn this
"personalized" search results off ... or they lead you to believe
that you can.

You have to assume that even if you use vpn, the location of the vpn
server will likely result in some personalization of Google
searches.

Orwell's 1984 almost 40 years later.

Since I refuse to have an electronic nursemaid (cell phone), I must be
a major disappointment to them.

Thk's

Lew