Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware
GMAN GMAN is offline

Default What color laser printer is easily & cheaply refilled at homefrom non OEM toner?

In article , wrote:
On 8/20/2012 3:25 PM, J.G. wrote:
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 15:11:47 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Another thing to consider with lasers is startup time.

I print maybe one page every two or three days, on average.

I generally leave the printer on all the time.

However, I 'could' just as well turn it off, for all it has
been used.

But, when I had the HP d135 AIO printer, I remember admonishments
to keep it running all the time - otherwise it wasted ink (I was
told).

And, we all know, HP ink costs more than it's weight in gold.

So, what's the general consensus for leaving printers on
which are only used sporadically a few days of the week?

Does that play a role in our printer selection decision?

energy hogs, i would guess. they have to be kept at a hot temp for the
toner to be fused to the paper, so you're paying to keep it hot, and
then the a/c costs to keep the room cool. i guess in winter, if you're
in a place that needs heating, it's a wash.

My laser printer when it goes into sleep mode draws 6 watts which is less than
the damn night light i have in my upsatirs hallway.