Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Fiscal Cliff - Explained in a 3D info-graphic

On Dec 1, 4:21*pm, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per :

And who has presided over this 40% increase in
spending? * Who has submitted yearly budgets to
Congress that would have spent even more?

Now, yeah.

And now Republicans are up there posturing and profiling about
the debt.

But where were they when we got two unfunded wars and they rammed
through Medicare D?

No question the Republicans under Bush did not
do enough to control spending.

Seems to me neither party is exactly a bastion of fiscal
responsibility.

But I hope you recognize there is a difference between
a deficit of $160bil that was declining steadily for 4 years
and current deficits of $1.1 tril a year. And while the
Republicans were not exactly thrifty, they never came
close to increasing the budget 40% in 4 years.