Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Twisted extension cord

Per DanG:
I've made my guys use this method
and the cords are in great shape. It involves reversing the twist of
the cord every loop, it is demanded of anyone in the entertainment
business. There are plenty of youtube movies, but it would be even
better if you can get someone to show you:

I used to coil them the same way and uncoil them the same way.

Worked OK, but once I learned about reversing the twist at every
loop I changed over and never looked back.

One advantage of reversing the twist at every loop is that, with
a little practice, you can throw the package - holding one end -
and it lays out flat.

Works with rope too. I do it with the lines on my outrigger
canoe and just throw them out on the beach when I'm rigging.
--
Pete Cresswell