Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Hygience glueing a chopping board

On Sun, 2 Dec 2012 11:32:29 -0000, "Tim west"
wrote:

An old favourite wooden chopping board has just come apart at a glued seam.

I've glued it together using white PVA glue, simply because I have some and
I've never heard about it being toxic. There is still a small gap on most of
the seam which I want to fill in for Hygiene reasons.

What fairly inoffensive and easy to use substance might I use for this? I
did think of using a nail varnish which I guess is just a quick drying
cellulose paint? Any other suggestions please?

Nail varnish may work, but it has little solids and could take many
coats, depending on the size of the crack. I'd make epoxy my first
choice.