Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two[_2_] Smitty Two[_2_] is offline

Default Twisted extension cord

In article ,
Daniel Prince wrote:

My brother uses a 100 foot long, 12 gage, extension cord with his
electric lawn mower. The cord always becomes VERY twisted. They
only last two or three years before he has to replace them.

Is there some type of cord or an adapter that will prevent the cord
from being twisted? (I have seen adapters that claim to prevent
telephone handset cords from being twisted.)

My brother thinks that a flat cord might last longer than a round
cord. Is this true? Thank you in advance for any help.

Electricians use this method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEv9wm6gy0

Looks a little ugly and bulky, but never tangles.